2011 Survey of Alumni of Graduate Programs
The 2011 Survey of Alumni from Graduate Programs was conducted to identify institutional strengths and areas for improvement, to track the career and continuing education trends of recent graduates, to assess achievement of learning outcomes as perceived by the alumni from individual academic programs, and to accomplish the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education's mandate for assessing student and alumni satisfaction.
The survey was conducted in January through April of 2011 and targeted alumni of graduate programs who graduated in calendar years 2005 and 2009. The survey was administered as an online survey and as a telephone interview. The full report can be viewed here.
Highlights from the 2011 Survey of Alumni from Graduate Programs include:
- 92% of doctoral degree respondents and 89% of master's degree respondents were "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their overall educational experience at OSU.
- 89% of respondents were employed and only 4% were currently seeking employment (7% were not employed and not seeking employment).
- 90% of employed alumni reported that their OSU education had prepared them very well or adequately for their current position.
- 27% of alumni who were employed full-time reported salaries greater than $75,000. The most frequently reported salary range was $35,000 - $44,999 (17%).
- 57% of respondents were currently living in Oklahoma (17% in Stillwater, 40% in other Oklahoma communities). Texas was the second most common state of residence (12% of respondents).
This survey is part of Oklahoma State University's commitment to excellence in student learning, to high quality academic and co-curricular programs, and to student success.