2012 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs
The 2012 OSU Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs was conducted to identify institutional strengths and areas for improvement, to track the career and continuing education trends of recent graduates, to assess achievement of learning outcomes as perceived by alumni, and to accomplish the State Regent's mandate for assessing student and alumni satisfaction. The survey targeted alumni of undergraduate programs who graduated in calendar years 2006 and 2010. The full report is available here.
Highlights from the 2012 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs include:
- 71% of respondents resided in Oklahoma. This is a substantial increase from the 63.5% who reported living in Oklahoma in the 2010 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs.View an interactive map with respondents' residence locations here.
- 84.9% of respondents were employed and only 4% of respondents were currently seeking employment. This is similar to the results from the 2010 and 2008 Surveys of Alumni of Undergraduate programs that found 5% and 4% of respondents seeking employment. In March of 2012 the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the state of Oklahoma was 5.4%. Additional information regarding the unemployment rate and the salary by educational attainment is available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The most frequently reported annual salary range for alumni who graduated both one and five years ago and were employed full time was $25,000 to $35,000 (18.8% reported this income range). 52.2% of respondents who were employed full time reported salaries of $45,000 or greater. 28.7% of respondents who were employed full time reported salaries of $35,000 or less and 16% reported salaries of $65,000 or greater. In comparison, the average annual full time wage in Oklahoma in May of 2011 was $38,190 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 91% of respondents whose employment was slightly, moderately, or highly related to their undergraduate degree program reported being very well or adequately prepared for their position.
- 92% of respondents who pursued additional education reported that their undergraduate degree from OSU had prepared them very well or adequately for their graduate/professional degree program.
- 90% of respondents were either satisfied or very satisfied with their overall educational experience at Oklahoma State University. 89% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of instruction at Oklahoma State University.
In summary, alumni from Oklahoma State University who graduated in 2006 and 2010 are employed, reside in Oklahoma, were prepared for their future employment or graduate / professional education, and were satisfied or very satisfied with their overall educational experience at Oklahoma State University.