2014 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs
The 2014 OSU Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs was conducted to identify institutional strengths and areas for improvement, to track the career and continuing education trends of recent graduates, to assess achievement of learning outcomes as perceived by alumni, and to accomplish the State Regent's mandate for assessing student and alumni satisfaction. The survey targeted alumni of undergraduate programs who graduated in calendar years 2008 and 2012. The full report is available here.
Highlights from the 2014 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs include:
- 67% of respondents resided in Oklahoma. This is a decrease from the 2012 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs (71%), but still more than the number of respondents who reported living in Oklahoma in the 2010 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs (63.5%). View an interactive map with respondents' residence locations here.
- 87.3% of respondents were employed and only 3.5% of respondents were currently seeking employment. This is similar to results from previous years (2008, 2010, and 2012), where approximately 4% of respondents were seeking employment at the time of the survey. In June of 2014, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the state of Oklahoma was 4.5%. Additional information regarding the unemployment rate and the salary by educational attainment is available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The most frequently reported annual salary range for alumni who graduated both one and five years ago and were employed full time was $45,000 but less than $55,000 (17.5% of alumni reported this income range). This is slightly higher than what was reported in the 2012 Survey of Alumni of Undergraduate Programs, where 18.8% of respondents who graduated both one and five years ago and were employed full time reported an annual salary range of $25,000 to $35,000. Over half of all survey respondents (53.6%) who were employed full time reported salaries of $45,000 or greater. 21.3% of respondents who were employed full time reported salaries of $35,000 or less and 27.3% reported salaries of $65,000 or greater. In comparison, the average annual wage in Oklahoma in 2013 was $40,122.65 (Oklahoma Employment Security Commission).
- 32.9% of survey respondents reported they were either currently enrolled in another degree program or had already completed a subsequent degree beyond the bachelor’s degree earned at OSU. 92.5% of these alumni reported their undergraduate degree had prepared them very well or adequately for their graduate/professional degree program.
- 90% of respondents were either satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of instruction at Oklahoma State University. A little more than 75% reported that they were either satisfied or very satisfied with their overall educational experience at Oklahoma State University.
In summary, alumni from Oklahoma State University who graduated in 2008 and 2012 are employed, reside in Oklahoma, were prepared for their future employment or graduate / professional education, and were satisfied or very satisfied with their overall educational experience at Oklahoma State University.